Can I apply for a job at Roots or be a volunteer?
Unfortunately not. Working without a proper working visa (also in exchange for accomodation) is prohibited in Indonesia and fined with deportation. As the working visa for foreigners is very expensive and a very long process, we focus on only employing Indonesians.
How to get to Roots Surf Camp & Yoga Retreat Lombok?
- Plane: Lombok’s international airport is in Praya, just 25 minutes drive to Roots. You can find direct flights from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. There are also many flights from domestic airports like Bali and Java.
- Slow Ferry: Lombok also has a harbour. A slow ferry is running between Bali (Padang Bai) and Lombok (Lembar), usually leaving every full hour. The ferry takes about 4 to 6 hours depending on the weather conditions.
- Fast Boat: Fast boats running between Bali (Padang Bai) and Lombok (Sengiggi or Teluk Nare). As the name suggests they are faster than the slow ferry. The trip will takes about 1 hour.
How do I get from the airport/harbour to Roots Lombok?
The airport pick-up is included in our packages. We will wait for you at the exit with a sign. If you need a pickup from the harbour, we will add an additional fee of IDR 200’000.
Do you need a transfer to the airport after your stay? We can organise this for you. Cost: IDR 200,000
My stay at Roots Surf Camp & Yoga Retreat Lombok
- DO I HAVE TO BRING ANY SURF OR YOGA EQUIPMENT?
During your stay at Roots we will provide you with a surfboard that will fit your surf level. If you already have your own surfboard you are welcome to bring it with you. Due to the fact that the sun is very strong, we will provide you with a rash vest. It is also a good idea to bring a surf legging or just long/tight sports trousers to protect your skin from the sun. For the yoga lessons we will provide you with yoga mats and blocks.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET AROUND IN LOMBOK?
In Lombok everyone gets around by motorbike. If you never used one before don’t worry. We can show you how to drive. It’s a little bit like driving a bicycle. At Roots we can help you to rent a motorbike and a helmet. To drive in Lombok you need a IDP (International driving permit). Apply for IDP in your country before you arrive if you plan to drive a motorbike or car. The motorbike rental is 50,000 IDR per day.
- CAN I COME BY MYSELF?
Due to the fact that we are a very small retreat with a relaxed and open vibe it will be easy for you to get to know the others. As a solo traveller you can choose to book a single bungalow for yourself or stay at our dorm or twin bed bungalow with others. So, don’t be afraid to come on your own!
- WHAT ARE THE OPERATION HOURS OF OUR RECEPTION?
7am – 6pm everyday. We will be there all day so if you need something just approach one of our staff. If you are checking in/out outside of the opening hours just let us know.
What are the booking terms for Roots Surf Camp & Yoga Retreat Lombok?
There will be no exceptions made to our policy. We don’t offer discounts or refunds for arriving late or leaving early. We don’t offer any refunds for any reasons, including weather, injury, or personal emergencies.
Due to the fact that we are a very small retreat with limited spaces our canceling policy is the following:
- If you cancel before 90 days prior to the first day of the retreat, 100% of your deposit payment will be transferred to another retreat date within a one year period.
- If you cancel 30 – 90 days prior to the first day of the retreat, 25% of your deposit payment is forfeited and 75% of your balance is credited to any other date within one year of your original booking.
- If you cancel within 30 days of the first day of your retreat 50% of your deposit payment balance will be credited to any other available date within one year of your original booking. The other 50% is forfeited.
- If a guest cancels within 14 days of their retreat start date, their deposit payment is forfeited in full.
- All cancellations must be received by email. Roots Lombok is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancellation trips, such as airline tickets, or for cost incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
- Please also take note that:
• No refund will be offered once guest(s) have checked in to Roots Surf & Yoga Retreat.
• No refund will be offered if guest(s) choose to leave Roots Surf & Yoga Retreat before their package is over.
• In special circumstances, refunds and/or partial refunds will only be offered at our absolute discretion.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory for your safety.
- No outsiders are allowed to enter the premises without permission from the hotel staff. Should an outsider spend the night in the hotel without permission, a surcharge of IDR 500,000 will be levied on the guest who brings the outsider onto the hotel premises.
- During your stay we might picture/film you around the common areas at the retreat. When booking with us you agree to the terms and allow us to use the images with you on it for Roots Surf Camp & Yoga Retreat marketing purposes (we won’t use any unflattering footage).
- Surfboard & Equipment: All surfboards and equipment at your disposal are in good condition and under your responsibility. You are liable to be charged for any damage or loss of equipment during your use. We have a small selection of surfboards, please handle them with care and treat it as if it were your own.
- Roots Surf Camp & Yoga Retreat can organize a car or motorbike for rent, but keep in mind that the company only organizes it but does not let it directly to you. Therefore the company cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury, which results from the poor quality of the vehicle.